The Health Benefits of Coffee
Did you know that drinking coffee is good for you? There has been much debate over the benefits of coffee, but recent evidence suggests that the good outweighs the bad when it is used in moderation.
Coffee is rich in antioxidants, like clorogenic and melanic acids, and recent medical research suggests that drinking it is associated with a reduced risk of a variety of illnesses and an improvement in overall body and mental performance. The following is a short list of coffee's health benefits.
- The caffeine content may relieve your headaches
- It is known to increase mental focus
- Reduces the risk of cirrhosis of the liver by 60-80%
- Reduces the risk of type 2 diabetes
- Extra protection against Parkinson’s disease
- Reduced risk for Alzheimer’s disease
- Reduces the rates of age-related cognitive decline
- Great source for antioxidants
- Provides extra energy for exercise
It is important to understand that while coffee has many health benefits it is not a substitute for an otherwise healthy diet and a natural health lifestyle. It simply means that it is a fantastic supplement and an enjoyable treat for many people.
Also worth noting is that you can make coffee unhealthy by adding loads of sugar, sugar substitutes, and of course cream. Many people view coffee as a desert or a "treat". This article is obviously in reference to the basic "black" cup of coffee. Just to be clear....
The bottom line is that you don’t need to feel guilty about enjoying a hot cup of java. I certainly don't. Have some with friends and make sure to tell everyone around you the great benefits of coffee!
The Benefits of Coffee
Did You Know?
Have your say about what you just read! Leave me a comment in the box below.